Nature is a living museum for all. It inspires and nurtures us. Yet, there are limited opportunities for VI to experience it. With an aim to cultivate endless possibilities for the VI community in Hong Kong, we are proud to present the Beyond Nature Project in collaboration with World Wildlife Fund Hong Kong (WWFHK) with the support from the Robert H. N. Ho Family Foundation.
大自然就好像一個活生生的博物館，它孕育我們，令我們從中獲得靈感。可惜的是，視障群體一直較少機會接觸大自然。本著發掘視障群體無限潛能的理念，我們很高興能與世界自然基金會香港分會(WWFHK)合作，舉辦一個為期兩年的活動 – 敢「觸」自然，這項目由何鴻毅家族基金贊助。
Project Overview 項目簡介
This project is aimed to encourage and to challenge our VI friends to step out their comfort zone, to appreciate the nature with all our senses, to be inspired and to experience the endless diverse possibilities of individuals!
By using our expertise in tactile interactive teaching/learning materials, we enriched WWFHK’s tour experience by adding in multi-sensory elements. We believe sight is not the only way to see. By fingertips navigation on tactile and other sensory journeys, VIs can enjoy their first hand experience in nature.
Project Components 項目內容
The Project consists of 2 main phases:
- FREE Multisensory Exploration Sessions in nature (January – August 2021)
- Multisensory eco-tours allow VIs, their caretaker and family member to experience nature together, with a series of specially designed multi-sensory assistive materials and activities.
- Including 2-way coach service.
- The venue of the tour will be different according to the season:
- FREE Eco-tour Guide Training (September 2021 – January 2022) for selected VI participants only
- 8 VI will be trained as an eco-tour guide. Accessible materials will be provided throughout the intensive trainings.
- A series of assessments and evaluations will be conducted after the completion of trainings.
- All qualified training participants will be offered a Part-time Eco-tour Guides employment officially by WWF-Hong Kong to share the beauty of nature to people regardless of their vision.
- For tour dates details, please go to Eco-Tours Schedule page
After these two phrases, there will be an Exhibition of Achievements illustrating the process of the programme and the achievements of VIs.
- 多感官大自然探索 (2021年1月-8月)
- 生態導賞員訓練 (2021年9月-2022年1月)
JOIN US NOW!
If you are interested or the idea of opening doors for visually impaired communities sounds great to you, please fill in this form:
– For VI individuals and organizations: https://forms.gle/bErteevUX55vFiwD8.
– Becoming a volunteer: https://forms.gle/FkB3bRQmAuD4mLwY6.
Our team will contact you to discuss further!
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQ page or contact our staff: 如有任何問題，請到常見問題頁面，或聯絡我們的職員：
Lorin SIU 蕭小姐｜firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin KWOK 郭小姐｜email@example.com
Telephone 電話: 90418236
Amplifying Partners 同行伙伴 (continuously updated 名單持續更新中)：